Thursday 9 October 2008

Newly Recruited Oktoberfest Azubi! Prost!


One good thing about my job is that you get to travel around the world, to visit the city that you always dream of and to the city that you’d never thought of visiting even for a holiday, but at least you get to see it once – Been There! Done That!


And the best thing is when you are doing a project in a city with good festive going on. This is the best time to visit Munich because of the Oktoberfest. Millions of visitor flew in from all over the world to join the Bavarians to get pissed together. Everybody is in their best ‘drunken’ mode and all dress up for the festive season.


I had my first taste of Oktoberfest last night. We were invited by the hotel team to join them in the evening. So after we finished work at 7:30pm, we arrived at the Oktoberfest at 8:00pm. First, I was overwhelmed when I arrived at the location. It was ‘people mountain people sea’ on a weekday night already. Secondly, I never saw so many drunken people in my life (which eventually I was one of them at the end of the night). There were a lot of activities going on like a big funfair and there were 12 big tents at the location. Each tent can accommodates 10,000 drunken people - singing and dancing on the their bench, holding their 1 liter glass of beer in their hand. The empty glass was very heavy and the waitress can hold at least 12 glasses in their hand. There was a big band playing different kind of music and everybody is enjoying a good time there.


Because we didn’t have dinner, so after 2 glasses of beer, I was already very drunk. Luckily the fest finished at 11pm, otherwise, I’d pass out somewhere on the floor. By that time, 95% of the crowds were completed wasted. Some of the festive goers were already there since the tent open at 11am!


It was a good night fun and I’m still hangover when I’m writing this. We are going back this weekend with more people and this time, we will prepare for the event :)

No comments: