Thursday 12 July 2007

New Job, New Begining, New Job?







As everybody knows that I have a new job that requires me traveling around the world for the next 2 years aimlessly. To some people, it may sounds like a high flying job. But I seriously doubt it! Not that I’m complaining but sometime it is hard to being away from your family and friends. It’s suck! Not mentioning being 6’1 tall and if you are not flying business class and above, it will always be a nightmare. Moreover, the night before, I will have to crack my head and deciding which are the cloths I have to bring, what are the essential stuffs I need to take, etc…To me, everything is important! It’s impossible to travel light!! I can’t leave my favourite shirts behind?! I have to bring my party shoes?! I have to take my jeans! And I have to bring all the business attires!

It is just so stressful. I have to pack, unpacked and re-packed. No matter how I packed, I will never satisfy.

My first destination is UK and I will be there for 3 months. Before leaving Singapore, my groups of dear friends had a small farewell gathering for me. It was very sweet of them. I was actually quite nervous and stress about starting this new job. On the other hands, I just can’t wait to start the new role. It’s the flying that bothering me. So I was not looking forward to my 13 hours flight to UK.

Checking-in always is a problem for me. First, I couldn’t get an exit seat, and then there was no aisle seat available, so I got stuck in the middle. Sigh.

Then, as usual, I’m overweight! Sigh.

So I have re-packed again at the airport. It was so unglamorous. Luckily, my best friend came in last minute and sorted something out for me.

Throughout the 13 hours flight, I had zero conversation with my neighbors sitting next to me. I can also sense that both of them don’t like to make any conversations. So I just leave it as it was. Luckily, somehow, I managed to sleep through 6 hours so by the time I woke up, I only left with 3 more hours to reach London. So it wasn’t too bad.

Once I reached London Heathrow Airport, I met up with 2 of my Aussie team mates and we head to another 2 hours couch to Bristol. However, once we reached at the hotel, which was 9am local time, the room was not ready till 3 pm only. So we decided to visit Bath, an old Roman city which was 15 minutes away by train.

Bath was an interesting town apparently famous for its historical of hot spring, etc, etc. It was Sunday and there were many tourists in the city. So we went to quite a few interesting places. By 3pm, we were all very tired and decided to head back to the hotel.

So it was my very first day in UK.



"Me So need ciggies now! Where am I now?"
At Bristol Train Station

"Hello Charlie Boy! We will be your Tour Guides for the day!"
My Aussies Team Mates: Mo & Stefan

"Err....I think we are lost?" "Oh Lord! Please give us some signs?!"
At Bath Train Station

"Ah! The Signs!"

"Thank God!"

"Oooh...that's look interesting. I wonder what is it?!"
Bath Abbey

"Oh...The Pump Room! Hmm....I wonder what is it? How come it sounds so familiar?"
Outside Roman Bath & Museum

"Wait a minute....This is not what I'm thinking what it is, right?"
Display of Roman Sauna Room

"Err.....taking a bath in it?"
The Main Spring Pool

Terrence of Roman Bath

Tourists of Roman Bath

Buildings of Bath City

"Wow!"

"Must take a picture!...Huh?....U can't see my handsome face?"

"Ok! Here U go!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You had to unpack and repack at the airport? Yikes! Happened once to me in the States. Yah! So unglam!

-- K.

Dave Edwards said...

Welcome to the UK, most of the time the weather is ok here in the summer. It's just that since Rhianna's "Umbrella" got to number one it has been......well, raining for most of the time. Enjoy your stay, head to London, it is great, the nightlife rocks and everyone is cool.

nick said...

Hey Charlie, I know all about being away from home and the pitfalls of frequent traveling. It's so tough packing for months away, and I'm always overweight when checking in luggage. But judging by your schedule, you'll be in and out of some pretty decent cities. I've been running around the Caribbean for the past 2 years where the airlines wreak havoc on my bags and my sanity. Current count: 3 delayed bags, 1 destroyed bag, 3 missed connections, and 1 unforgettable night sleeping in a terminal loungechair. Best of luck in the UK. Hope you get to enjoy all the good times I'm always hearing about on Radio1.

Charlie said...

Thanks guys! I will try to enjoying my time here :)!