Sunday 23 September 2007

Friendship

While I was away from home, I think the only one thing that really kept me going is my friends in Singapore. From times to times, I’ll chat with them on MSN or Skype, and email them occasionally from my loneliness hotel rooms. They kept me entertained and making sure that I’m not too bored or to the worst, talking to the wall. Sometimes, I received SMS from them just to tell me how they missed me, which is quite heart warming.

Friendship is one of the important elements of living a good life. You need true friends to be there for you when you are sad, lonely, bored or happy, and being there for them as well. However, to maintain a good friendship, we have to really go and ‘maintaining’ it. You always have to make it to a point to call them and check on them when you haven’t heard from them for a while, or simply you haven’t called them for a while. Ones must never be selfish or lazy to pick up the phone and making the good call.

Being a good friend to someone, you should always be able to sense their sadness or happiness, even though you are half way around the globe (now, that’s powerful ‘power’). Sometime, they just want a listening ear. Other time, they needed your advice. Friends are the supporting bone of our day to day lives.

Sometime, you don’t need a lot of friends. You just need a couple of good friends. A true and genuine friend.

No comments: