Saturday 8 September 2007

Goodbye Ireland! Hello Scotland!

Done Templepatrick and now moving on to Strathclyde.

Finished work at 7am and went to airport at 9:30am to catch my flight at 11:10am. As usual, I’m worried about my overweight problem. I’ve been praying and hoping that God will help me with this. I’ve cut down my suitcase body fat by 7kg but it’s still quite heavy.

Upon check-in, weighting my suitecase, it’s 27 kg. Luckily the girl was quite nice and she didn’t charge me anything but warned me that I’m quite heavy and need to watch up when I’m coming back. Proceed to clear the custom and only realized that I forgot to put my swiss amy knife into my check-in bag. The officer advised me to check-in my hand carry as well, which to my worry that the reason I have a hand carry is to put my most heavy stuff into it so I won’t be ‘too’ over weight. So either I have give up my knife or check-in my hand carry. So I decided to check with the counter again. I told the girl that I forgot to pack my swiss amy knife into another suitcase and the officer advised me to check-in my hand carry as well. Thinking to myself, “Oh No! She is going to find out that my hand carry is too over weight as well…”. She just proceeds with the check-in procedures (my hand carry weighted 15 kg) and past me back my boarding pass. “?!?!?!” I thank her immediately and couldn’t believe that she didn’t charge me anything or even lecture me at all.

For the first time, I don’t have carry a heavy hand carry bag. Thank you Lord!

Hilton Strathclyde is about 30 minutes away from Glasgow. However, a single taxi fare will cost me 22 pounds. After check-in into the hotel, settled down in my room, I proceed to check-out the hotel gym. To my surprise, this is the most equipped gym by far of all the hotels I’ve been to. It’s like a mini California Fitness Center and they have many classes as well. So I signed up for the Body Pump class in the evening.


Team Photo at Templepatrick

Drinks at the Bar

Drinks under a sunny day

More Beers Please!

Looking Good!


No comments: